Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Little Friends

I have been toying with the idea of photo-blogging for a long time. But when I actually got down to it, I was in a fix. Which pictures to choose from the sea of pictures I have taken over the years for my debut here? Finally, I settled on sharing some pics of the cute, little ones in my collection. Hope they bring a smile to your face too!


This little chap I clicked before getting on the Singapore flyer. He was waiting in his dad's arms for his turn.



A rainy day in office and the mood to have some bhutta propels me out. On the road, this little urchin offers to sell me some pen. I offer him a bhutta instead. He says, "Deal"!



A star in the making! Shot at a function last year.



A little dolly cum Miss Congeniality. Taken at Grand Hyatt, Singapore.



Am sure when Barbie was small, she would have looked like this doll here. I took this picture at Ansal Plaza, New Delhi.



Another gem found at Grand Hyatt, Singapore. So cute he was, my phone begged me to take his picture!



Baby Red Riding Hood. Dressed to kill.



Happy face, happy smile. This one-year-old I found while on a trip home.



And last but not the least, Shinchini. I clicked Shinnchini's picture at Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi. Our eyes met and I was hers. Totally under her spell. This is my favouritest pic!!

34 comments:

With Malice said...

this little gem deserves another gem to complement...
what can i say...read yourself...the masterpiece by Subhadra Kumari Chauhan...


बार बार आती है मुझको मधुर याद बचपन तेरी
गया ले गया तू जीवन कि सबसे मस्त ख़ुशी मेरी
चिंतारहित खेलना खाना, वो घूमना निर्भय स्वछन्द
क्या भूला जा सकता है वो बचपन का अतुलित आनंद...
ऊँच-नीच का ज्ञान नहीं था छुआ-छूत किसने जानी
बनी हुई थी आह झोपरी और चीथरों में रानी
रोना और मचल जाना भी क्या आनंद दिखाते थे
बड़े-बड़े मोती-से आंसू जयमाला पहनाते थे
वह भोली-सी मधुर सरलता, वह प्यारा जीवन निष्पाप
क्या फिर आकर मिटा सकेगा तू मेरे मन का संताप...

मैं बचपन को बुला रही थी, बोल उठी बिटिया मेरी
नंदन-वन-सी फूल उठी वो छोटी-सी कुटिया मेरी
"माँ ओ" कहकर बुला रही थी मिटटी खाकर आई थी
कुछ मुह में, कुछ लिए हाथ में, मुझे खिलाने आई थी...

मैंने पुछा, "ये क्या लायी?", बोल उठी वह-"माँ काओ"
हुआ प्रफुल्लित ह्रदय ख़ुशी से, मैंने कहा, "तुम ही काओ"
पाया बचपन मैंने फिर से, बचपन बेटी बन आया
उसकी मंजुल मूर्ति देखकर मुझमे नवजीवन आया

मैं भी उसके साथ खेलती, खाती हूँ, तुतलाती हूँ,
मिलकर उसके साथ स्वयं, मैं भी बच्ची बन जाती हूँ!


P.S.: i don't know which one is better...the post...the selection of pictures or the complement...

God bless you...this post reminded me of my childhood...

cheers...and keep blogging

lostworld said...

THAT was shooo shweeettt!!!!:-))
Somehow when you photograph a kid, their faces just light up..!! And ensures even ours do.

Thanks for sharing this. I never tire of seeing baby photos.

Samvedna said...

toddlers are so always so adorable .

Crazy Blogger said...

pyaare pyaare bacche!

Unknown said...

nothing like a cute face to brighten up a rainy day! :) loved all of them.

Passionate Goof said...

Oh! What cute kiddy pics these are.

Destiny's child... said...

Great pictures. They did bring a smile on my face :)

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@With Malice: Wow! What a poem. I have sure read it, but somehow only remembered the first two lines. Thanks for sharing it.
@Lostworld: I know! There is such magic in their eyes and faces. You can't resist them :)
@Antarman: Yeah! I agree
@Manjari: Aur unki pyaari pyaari muskaan :)
@MindfulMeanderer: Thanks hun! My face lights up too.
@Passionate Goof: I am glad you like them dear. So do I :)
@Destiny's child: Mission accomplished! Thanks dear :)

Bhagyashree said...

Brought a smile on my face, lovely post

bondgal_rulz said...

Beautiful pics !!!

Karan said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I LOVED IT!! I SO LOVE KIDS!!! TOTALLY LOVED YOUR PHOTOS!! EACH ONE OF THEM!! :) :) :)

I too am thinking that i will take such photos of kids i meet, but then i think girls have a upper hand at this. If i try to do it with unknown kids, i might not be able to pull if off. * Sigh * Nevertheless, loved your post, and the comments on each one of them; right from Shinchini to Baby Red Riding hood to Barbie!! :) :)

PS - Please pardon my excessive use of the upper case, but somehow i cannot control my emotions when it comes to kids! :) Maybe, i feel at home!! :D

R. Ramesh said...

cute kids and gr8 post..congrats and thanks for bringing a smile in our faces...

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Bhagyashree: I am glad it did. Welcome to my place :)
@Bondgal: Thanks Hun!
@Karan: I am SOOOOO glad to hear that!!!!!! And I am sooo looking forward to seeing your pics. Go ahead and click. I am sure you will do a wonderful job! I am like you too dear, get so happy on seeing kids' happy, smiling faces :) Go click some!
@Ramesh: Thanks a ton! It feels great to accomplish what one set out to do :-)

Urmi said...

Thanks for your lovely comment.
I enjoyed your post very much. All the babies are so sweet and you have portrayed very nicely. Soooooooo cuuuuuuuute.

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Babli: Thanks Babli! Honestly speaking, I love reading your blogs. They are different and interesting
:-)

Chatterbox said...

Wow! what a wonderful start to your photo blog :)
Loved the innocent faces in these pictures.

Keep up the good work :)

Cheers!!

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Chatterbox: Thanks dear! I need all the encouragement :-)

Anonymous said...

Children are such amazing subjects for photographs...loved looking at all of them and can't help but smile :)

Anonymous said...

Children are such amazing subjects for photographs...loved looking at all of them and can't help but smile :)

R. Ramesh said...

:)

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Comfortablynam: Agree! Agree! Thanks for dropping by :-)
@Ramesh: :):)

Swaram said...

Glad I visited ur blog today :) A bright, cheery start to my day :)
Kids r the best .. they don't need to pose or anything ..best the way they r :)
Lovely pics and thanks for sharing :)

Like ur header. Wish life cud be like that :)

Thousif Raza said...

those are beautiful pictures... i loooved the second one.. absolutely brilliant... keep on clicking.... would love to see more of your work...



take care and keep writing..........

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Swaram: Hi Swaram! I am glad you stopped by too. Yeah, children are natural posers :)
@Thousif: Thanks dear! I love that pic too. Happy blogging!

R. Ramesh said...

friend..wish i knew yr name..but it's ok..passed by 2 say thanks..:)

R. Ramesh said...

hey buddy thanks yar..for staying connected:)

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@R. Ramesh: Hey buddy, your welcome. And what's in a name? ;)

Arunima said...

hey, nice pics. children are always cute na? and they are the most natural people.

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Arunima: Hi there. Yeah I agree, children are the cutest and most willing to be photographed :)

AmitL said...

OMG-lovely pics,DIC- you sure have an eye for clicking the young uns at just the right smiley moments.:)
---
Waise,I wasn't visiting here since some days, thinking u're not posting courtesy exams..:)Nice to see posts ready for reading.:)

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@AmitL: Thanks a lot!! And by the way, am not a student, but working :) But you have made me glad by mistaking me for one. He he!

Unknown said...

Award for u http://mindfull-meanderings.blogspot.com/2010/03/some-awards-for-me-and-you.html

R. Ramesh said...

Hi what's in a name? how u doing? cheers

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Mindful Meanderer: Ohhhhhhh!! Thanks a ton dear. Am gonna hop over to your blog RIGHT AWAY! :) Thanks!
@R Ramesh: Am doing good. What have you been upto? :)