
'Punjab power, lighting up your life ji'
I am not sure but I have a strong suspicion that Aditya Chopra, who in the first place created them in DDLJ, set out to depedestal the Rajs and the Rahuls from their throne with the creation of Suriji.
Because Suriji lights up the screen. Because he is endearing. Because he is a geek. Because he reinforces the belief of the common, middle-class working man. Because I had a constant smile on my face during the first half of Rab Ne...Because SRK scores again with Suriji. Because you never once miss the Rajs and the Rahuls amid Suriji's histrionics.
Suriji is the find of the decade. He comes to claim his rightful place left by Amol Palekar. The common, stuttering man who wins in the end. Not by flexing his muscles or getting a makeover but by his sheer warmth and charm.
Let's overlook the faults which are aplenty. Because Suriji overshadows everything. Here's to his yellow tiffin, rolled up trousers, loose white shirt, nerdy hair style and to him. For having the guts to be Suriji.
No comments:
Post a Comment