• Being able to write a good blog post, creative juices flowing like water from a spring.
• Seeing Mom and Sister happy.
• Clicking pictures.
• Spending the whole day with P. Going to watch a film, shop, pick up chicken on way back, reach his place and cook together.
• P saying he loved a movie, I dragged him for against his wish.
• Hearing the trademark Indian railway announcement, "Dilli se Mumbai jaane wali gaadi sankhaya XYZ platform no. 3 pe aane waali hai" standing on the railway platform, waiting for my train. And that priceless bit of music before and after the announcement.
• Talking to P at night for hours on the phone.
• The ride in the cycle rickshaw through familiar streets and corners from bus stand to home in hometown.
• Mom-made food
• Weight loss!
• After incessant scorching sun, RAIN.
• After incessant rain, SUN.
• Buying clothes and shoes and jewellery and handbags and chocolates.
• Seeing a good play.
• Friday evenings in office. The weekend few hours away!!
• Babies' laughter
• Watching TV with P.
• Binging on chicken--any form/preparation is good. Chicken is chicken!
• Long drives in car, with good music, light rain falling outside.
• Resigning from a job, taking a break before joining the new place.
• The days spent in Hyderabad. Those lonely jaunts in autos to Salarjung Museum, Hyderabad Central, Eat Street, IMAX.
• A rainy day, sitting by the window watching the rain fall, smell of wet earth, a cup of coffee and a good book.
• P cooking Maggi for me.
• Seeing men treat the women in their lives with the respect and love they deserve.
• Seeing "invisible" people like doormen, liftmen, delivery people, sales people smile because I said thank you and asked how they are doing.
• Handing a pack of biscuits lying around in my handbag to a child beggar sticking his hand inside my auto with hopeful eyes.
• Looking at myself in the mirror--and liking what I see.
• Bunking from office and lazing around at home.
• Knowing there will be P to listen to me crib about a perfectly rotten day at work.
• Doing what I love doing most--being a free bird, flying high, aiming for the stars.
On that note, I think I should end (otherwise the bullet points would only keep increasing). If you have stayed on this page till now, I bow down to your patience and big-heartedness. Thanks! Till then, Ciaoo..
• Seeing Mom and Sister happy.
• Clicking pictures.
• Spending the whole day with P. Going to watch a film, shop, pick up chicken on way back, reach his place and cook together.
• P saying he loved a movie, I dragged him for against his wish.
• Hearing the trademark Indian railway announcement, "Dilli se Mumbai jaane wali gaadi sankhaya XYZ platform no. 3 pe aane waali hai" standing on the railway platform, waiting for my train. And that priceless bit of music before and after the announcement.
• Talking to P at night for hours on the phone.
• The ride in the cycle rickshaw through familiar streets and corners from bus stand to home in hometown.
• Mom-made food
• Weight loss!
• After incessant scorching sun, RAIN.
• After incessant rain, SUN.
• Buying clothes and shoes and jewellery and handbags and chocolates.
• Seeing a good play.
• Friday evenings in office. The weekend few hours away!!
• Babies' laughter
• Watching TV with P.
• Binging on chicken--any form/preparation is good. Chicken is chicken!
• Long drives in car, with good music, light rain falling outside.
• Resigning from a job, taking a break before joining the new place.
• The days spent in Hyderabad. Those lonely jaunts in autos to Salarjung Museum, Hyderabad Central, Eat Street, IMAX.
• A rainy day, sitting by the window watching the rain fall, smell of wet earth, a cup of coffee and a good book.
• P cooking Maggi for me.
• Seeing men treat the women in their lives with the respect and love they deserve.
• Seeing "invisible" people like doormen, liftmen, delivery people, sales people smile because I said thank you and asked how they are doing.
• Handing a pack of biscuits lying around in my handbag to a child beggar sticking his hand inside my auto with hopeful eyes.
• Looking at myself in the mirror--and liking what I see.
• Bunking from office and lazing around at home.
• Knowing there will be P to listen to me crib about a perfectly rotten day at work.
• Doing what I love doing most--being a free bird, flying high, aiming for the stars.
On that note, I think I should end (otherwise the bullet points would only keep increasing). If you have stayed on this page till now, I bow down to your patience and big-heartedness. Thanks! Till then, Ciaoo..
31 comments:
a lovely list... didn't want it to end! :)
wishing u happiness always.
@Mindful Meanderer: Danke! Danke! Happiness is also getting comments from bloggers I love!!
You are a champion in listing stuff! :-) loved this one. Your name appears in newspapers regularly..wow. Umm, I hope not in crime sections..wink!:D
My fav pt was the rly stn one..Yaatrijan dhyaan rakhiye..I love those announcements too;-D Makes me joyous!
Minus the chicken part .. It felt like you're writing my heart out :)
@Lostworld: You hit the nail on the head lady...am a fugitive with a million-dollar prize on my head!!! And that's why I love the announcements at railway stations..time to flee :)
@Shivani: *shakes hand with you*...so, what is it for you, if not chicken?
thats is so swt and so beautiful :)... wish you more such lovely moments ahead in your life :)
loved the railway wala moment ;)
take care and keep writing..............
P is a huge part of your happiness. Bhagwan aap dono ki jodi salamat rakhe! :)
A very cute list indeed. Railway station announcements amuse me too. Even the instructions given by the air hostesses before take off. I imitate that really well:D
Where is my P?????????????????????????
@Thousif: Thanks buddy. Glad you liked it :)
@Destiny's child: Shukria! Shukria! We need all the good wishes. Aapse se tow milna padega bhai..air hostess wali imitation dekhne ke liye...
@Manjari: Awwww! I got mine after waiting a LONG time..Am sure you will do too honey! {and do share when you do ;)}
एक शेर कहने को दिल किया--
एक दूजे से मिलकर पूरे होते हैं
आधी-आधी एक कहानी हम दोनों...
this post reminded me of my sona... thanks and God bless...
lovely post by the way
what a list?
never thought like this
lovely visit... :) mant things in common.. loved reading it...
• After incessant scorching sun, RAIN.
• After incessant rain, SUN.
I liked these two points the most. :)
Nice post with a nice blog! :)
@With malice: Nice couplet and thanks!
@Prakash: Now you can ;) Thanks!!
@Dido: *shake hands with you* Keep visiting and thanks.
@Chandrika: Too much of anything is bad righto? ;) Thanks dear..
Guten Tag- happiness is:
Visiting this blog...hehe..i am serious ya..
and friend..thanks for your encouragement ya..vielen danke..
@Ramesh: I am touched! Thanks dear..and your welcome :)
Wonderful list this..reading this post makes me smile..simple things in life are the ones that bring the most pleasure.. :)
Hi,DIC-this was one 'feel good'post-I love reading such positivity any day..:)I did notice one line,specially' Seeing my name/P's name in the newspaper'- do you write articles/letters to editors?(If u're a writer,check my letters,too-latest Filmfare'Caption contest', Society-March,...:))
BTW,the next part of Jaayein to Jaayein Kahaan is also posted.:)
A wonderful list that made happy reading! I can say "Same Pinch" on many things!
Wishing you loads of happiness, always!
Cheers :)
such a positive post..liked it:)
interesting list
@Comfortablynam: Hey welcome! And thanks :) Yup totallym am a sucker for the little things in life.
@AmitL: Woo hoo! You are a celebrity :) I am an occasional writer..but will check out your letters/articles for sure
@Shilpa: Same pinch to you too! Wish you all the happiness in the world. Thanks
@Samvedna: Thanks buddy!
@sm: Thank you!
Some more letters posted in new posts..April-Health,Men's Health,Patrika(paper-prize)...in case u're interested in reading,of course.:)
@AmitL: Thats super cool! Congo.
One of the best posts Ive read in a long time!
(:
@Medha: Thanks!
Nice to know about you... lot of similarities! Nice blog!
@Karan: Thanks dear for stopping by and commenting!
What's up,DIC?No new posts?:)
@Amit: Coming soon at a computer screen (sigh!) near you!
Post a Comment