Saturday, June 13, 2009

Friends of my loneliness



Tears are beautiful. Some days like today, I marvel at God’s work of wonder. He created tears because he knew He can’t be everywhere.

I didn’t think this way before. I was one of those people who hated tears. However lately, I have become friends with them. They visit me often. Most of the times, I try all my might to not let them in. I fight back, I lock all doors and windows. I close every opening. But suddenly, when I am sitting secure in the knowledge that they can’t reach me, they descend over me.

Then there is no escape. Wrapping me in their all-enveloping arms, they hold me, caress me, listen to me and calm me down. As my body is engulfed in those wracking sobs, they cleanse me from the inside. They speak to my soul and make me whole again.

They chat with me. They ask me to put in their well my pain. To get rid of it, to let it flow into their hands. But they charge no fee. They give me peace and sleep and take back nothing. How can I hate tears?

It’s strange how they locate souls like me though. In this din, with people singing and dancing and partying all around us, they know exactly which doors to knock. Even though no one invites them, they know our addresses.

And when they kiss my soul and eyes goodbye, I feel glad they came. They leave behind memories. Painful memories. Memories that help us in the future course.

I foresee a long association.

I am glad we became friends.

Thanks for being there............................always.

3 comments:

Sangeeta said...

u r good with words.. u write pretty well..
happy blogging :)

The Double Inverted Commas said...

@Sangeeta: Thanks a ton :)

Ranjish Hi Sahi said...

@Sangeeta: u bet she writes fantastic...


@TDIC: those friends are very precious...keep them within...the world is urs my dear...may God bess u... all the best