
I don't drink, I don't dance... I guess am not a party person.
Today, we had the office party. Having somehow failed to squeeze myself out of this committment (I couldn't because it is believed that attendance at such parties is directly proportional to your loyalty to the company), I ended up going.
The party, the atmospehere, the people, the music was everything what my books have been talking about all these years. Scenes that I am vaguely familiar with thanks to my books, but never wished to be a part of.
The party venue was an uptown, swanky restaurant cum bar. Lots of liquid and music flowing all around. As people around me let their hair down and flowed with the moment, I sat primly in a corner dying to get home.
As girls wearing sexy, halter necks and guys gyrated rythmically with the music, I found myself pining for my room, my bed, my pillow, my privacy. I sat, dreading the moments when people saunter off the dance floor and look for targets to drag on to the dance floor. When such creatures charged towards me, I am proud to say I managed to fend them off. I don't dance because I don't want to. It's just that I don't know how to. Why can't people understand that?
Whatever these people may think of me (boring, non-happening girl etc., etc.), I know one thing, it's not them who need to return back home at 12 in the night alone in a cab in a place like Delhi.
Yes, I am scared. I am not ashamed of admitting it. I don't have a chauffer-driven car at my disposal. So I have to worry.
Actually even if I had one, I doubt I would have enjoyed. Which brings me to my first sentence. I am not a party person at all. I just so love the warmth,
quiet, comfort of my place. However, cheers to all those who party as if there is no tomorrow. Who talk the talk and walk the walk.
But, I am so not jealous.
P.S.-This is my first outpouring of emotions on my new friend, my laptop. Here's to you lappie....ours gonna me a turbulent, love-hate explosive relationship. 'Coz you're always gonna be on the recieving end of my happiness, love, anger, frustation and sadness. Welcome.
7 comments:
u dont like being at parties ?? i found it pretty strange but am happy to know that there r people like me in this world...
..)
ur latest blog post(tears) was very good...
@Aman: I am happy there are crazy souls like me in this world............and thanks :)
good to know two people, who don't like parties, know one another :)
crazy ?? it has to be some other word... :)
@"ranjish hi sahi.." : n good to know someone who likes soccer... :)
@Aman: Hmmmm... so what word do you suggest? :)
may be "occult", may be not.. dont know.. a strange lunatic fringe..! i haven't met even a single person belonging to this fringe... mayb a rare breed..!
n hey wats ur name ?? wat do u do ??
well.. i drink.. so i like parties a lot.. its kinda gettogether where u chat with ur friends..
i dont like dj parties.. coz u hav to dance.. see even i dunno to dance.. contrary to the popular belief that every1 can dance.. guess we're opposite..
scared?? from the 3 posts i read i thought u were brave.. interesting...
Post a Comment