
Pa, you left us a long time back. If there were no photographs of you, I doubt if I would have even known what you had looked like. You know how sometimes I have questioned God for taking you away so quickly. For depriving me of having "my time" with you.
However, I understand Pa that you had to go. There must have been some reason to it, some logic that God called you. After all, He too needs angels up there with Him to help Him in His work. And I know you are His most favourite, most reliable, best loved lieutenant.
I also know that it's because of your closeness with God and His affection for you that we have also become His favourite kids. After all we are His best child's kids. You have been putting in kind words about us to Him. I know everything Pa.
I also know that you always poke the big man in the ribs and constantly remind Him to look after us and protect us. I know Pa because I have felt you around me. When I am travelling alone at night and feel scared, I think of you and I don't feel scared anymore. I feel your presence enveloping me in your care and love. When I am tensed, I speak to you and somehow know that you are going to take care of everything.
I talk to you daily. And you always answer your little kid. Not in words but in miracles. Thank you Pa for always answering me.
One day, we shall meet Pa. And when that time comes near, please apply for a long leave. Because after I come up there, I am not going to let you go to work. I am going to treasure you. My eyes, hands, heart and soul have hungered for you. I have hungered for your touch, your feel and your voice. My soul has hungered for you.
I remember how once I chanced upon a letter that you had written to mom. I ran my fingers over the inked words that you had penned, amazed at holding the same piece of parchment that you must have once touched. As I sat clutching that letter to my heart refusing to let go of it, I lost all sense of time. I felt as if I had touched you that day.
It's been 21 years Pa. 21 long years. I don't know how many more years it will take till I meet you. I just know one thing---I love you. You are the best father ever.
Thank you Pa.
Happy father's day.
Loads of love
Your little kid
4 comments:
He must be the best father for u are the best child my dear...
dunno why but i broke down while reading the letter...
you are the bestest child ever...
God bless you sweety...
by the way... ur choice of pictures are getting better :P
by the way... ur choice of pictures are getting better :P
@Ranjish: Don't know if I am the best child, but he is the best father without a doubt.
Yeah the picture says half the things I wanted to say. Thanks :)
Post a Comment